Question: Can you sponsor me (asking VisaOne)? Can you give me / get me / find me a job from any employer in Australia?
I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but this article is a re-iteration of one of my previous articles about finding a sponsor/job in Australia. For the sake of continuing education, I am dedicating more time to the common question about jobs and sponsors in Australia.
The process of obtaining a job and a 457 sponsor is synonymous with each other. It is the same thing folks. To get a 457 work visa in Australia, you need to have a job offer from an Australian employer/ business/ organisation that is willing to sponsor you.
So if you’re asking the question “how do I find a sponsor to sponsor me?“, you need to convert that question to “how do I find a job?“. This is the million dollar question. This is the real question that I will be helping you with today.
Firstly, job hunting is an endeavor that can be tackled in a variety of ways. And just like hunting, you have to have tools (resume/CV), and intelligence (hunting tactics) to successfully land the job that you want.
Let’s start with your resume/CV. Gone are the days of opening up your Microsoft Word resume template, or your Apple Pages resume template and punching in the basic information you were taught to do in High School.
If you really want to be competitive and be noticed, I always recommend to people, use a professional resume/CV service to help you put together a compelling, informative and enticing resume that you can send to employers. There are many services out there such as www.redstarresume.com. Trust me, having a professional resume may be the difference between a mediocre job and an amazing career position.
Now, the most important part of being successful at job searching… Is your intelligence! Not your “education / academic knowledge”, but your tactical knowledge and approach to maximizing your chances of success, and leverage your time to reach as many employers as possible.
Here are the top 5 things you must do in order to land a job:
- Apply directly with employers you wish to work for (contact them directly and send in your resume and cover letter)
- Apply to advertised jobs on the internet and in newspapers. Great sites include:
- Apply through recruitment agencies who can organize interviews and place you into jobs that will suit your talent. Some good recruiters I have seen include
- Network with your past and current circle of friends, colleagues and family and let people know you are looking to work! Sometimes it’s about who you know and this is usually a very successful way to land a job.
- Lastly, when you fail at any of the above, REPEAT AGAIN and do it another 10 times. Apply directly to employers again, apply for advertised jobs multiple times, keep up to date with recruiters and show them you are committed and enthusiastic about getting a job, and continue networking. In other words, never give up!
So there you have it. My 5 cents on how to land a job.
Once you’ve landed a job and you are in a position now where you need expert help to sort out the 457 Sponsorship, Nomination and Visa Application, contact us at [email protected] or call us on 1300 619 977.
We can help you and your employer through the entire process within 3-6 weeks on average to get you working as soon as possible.
From the desk of Yuri Marshall | Changing Lives Everyday