Call 1300 619 977


ENS Visa



Permanent Residency Requirement for TSS 482 Short-Term Visa Holders 2022

From 1 July 2022, eligible 457 and TSS – short term stream visa holders will be able to apply through the TRT stream. The pathway will be accessible for two years from its commencement on 1 July 2022.

The new change allows access to the Temporary Residence Transition stream of the ENS 186 visa from 1st July 2022 for short-term stream TSS 482 visa holders who:

  • Spent a (cumulative) period of 12 months or more in Australia between 1 Feb 2020 and 14 Dec 2021
  • Employed by a suitable employer in Australia at the time of application, meaning hold a TSS 482 Visa at the time of application

These changes improve the situation for a large number of TSS 482 visa holders in the short-term stream, who may have been working towards permanent residency under programs, or expecting to need to return home. We hope this will help Australia to capture some skills shortages for the long term.


ENS Visa Agents

At VisaOne, we know what kind of skill, determination, and meticulousness it takes to represent an ENS visa with Immigration. With a proven track record of successes in ENS visas, our legal team are expert defenders for our case applications with the Department of Immigration.
If you are looking to sponsor an employee or be sponsored, you likely have many questions. Our team is here to answer your questions. Give us a call or scroll further down to learn top tips on how to get an ENS visa!

ENS Quick Tips

Getting Started with an ENS Visa Application

Complete your IELTS in well in advance. We recommend 6 to 12 months before lodging the visa. English testing is mandatory for applicants unless you have a passport from the following countries - USA, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, and Canada.

The requirement mark to pass IELTS is 6 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.

Be sure to double check your qualifications and experience are 'relevant' to your nominated occupation. This is where a highly skilled Migration Agent steps in and assess your resume and work experience. What is 'relevant' will depend on Immigration's definitions which may differ from the standard definition.

If your occupation is an STSOL occupation, you may NOT be able to apply for this visa. You may have to consider the RSMS visa instead.

Be aware that you will be required to get a Skills Assessment. Some of the major documents you need to lodge to obtain a Skills Assessment include qualifications, work references, and evidences of your past employment.

Your work references may need to be revised to accurately reflect your previous work experiences in detail.

Why Use VisaOne?

100% Free Consultation

Your first initial consultation is free of charge.

Accurate Visa Advice

Get accurate legal advice on the visa pathways that best suit your situation.

Registered Migration Agents

Our agents are OMARA registered immigration agents.

Fast Response

Speak to a visa expert in less than 24 business hours after sending a message.

Legal Representation

Your case is represented by a registered immigration agent with the Department of Home Affairs. Our agents are highly skilled in liaising with the Department of Home Affairs during decision time.

Maximise Your Success

Give your visa the best chances of success with an experienced agent. We know which parts of your case to strengthen and omit to give you the highest chance of success.

Help With Visa Appeals

Got a visa refusal and unsure what to do next? Find out whether you can turn things around in an appeal.

Planning For PR

Start planning for your steps towards gaining Australian Permanent Residency.

Explore Your Visa Options Today 

Get accurate eligibility advice on your visa situation first time round. A VisaOne Migration Agent will get in touch with you in 24 business hours.
100% Free Consultation

Explore Your Visa Options Today 

Get accurate eligibility advice on your visa situation first time round. A VisaOne Migration Agent will get in touch with you in 24 business hours.
100% Free Consultation

Customer Reviews


Excellent continuous personal contact. Rapid response rate and I liked the continuity of dealing with the same member of staff who knew my position so well. Clear instructions and kept well informed.
United Kingdom
189 Skilled Independent Migration


What a great news!! I am so happy to have my visa!! Thank you so much for all of your help since last year. It means a lot to me. And I would be very happy to help you with feedback since I am very pleased with your services! Thank you so much again for your assistance all throughout the process. You really do a great job!! :) Have a great day.
820 Partner Visa


Wow. Thank you Thank you Thank you. Now we can plan our future. Buy a house and start a family. With all my heart, I would sincerely like to thank you for all you have done for us. I was so worried I was moving to Malaysia. I will fully recommend visa one to any one in need of a visa.
Subclass 461

Explore Your Visa Options Today 

Get accurate eligibility advice on your visa situation first time round. A VisaOne Migration Agent will get in touch with you in 24 business hours.
100% Free Consultation

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a registered migration agent?
Registered migration agents are allowed to provide immigration advice and assistance, including help lodging visa applications.

Migration agents must be qualified and demonstrate to the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) that they:
- have sufficient knowledge of migration law and procedures
- are a person of integrity
- are a fit and proper person to provide immigration assistance

Furthermore, migration agents can advise if your visa application is likely to succeed, but they do not make visa decisions and cannot influence outcomes. Only the Department of Home Affairs makes decisions about visa applications.

Please note, it is against the law for someone in Australia who is not registered with the OMARA to provide you with immigration assistance. Some migration agents work for voluntary organisations and provide services for free. Most migration agents charge a professional service fee.

In conclusion, a registered migration agent helps you prepare your visa application for lodgement.
What is the difference between a migration agent and a migration lawyer?
Migration agents, registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) can:
- Provide advice on visa requirements
- Assist with lodging visa applications
- Deal with the Department of Home Affairs on your behalf

Migration agents typically complete a 12-month certificate or diploma in Australian Migration Law with a tertiary institution. Following this, they are able to register with OMARA and practise as a migration agent.

However, many lawyers are also migration agents. If a lawyer wants to become a migration agent and practise immigration law, they must also register with OMARA. Furthermore, immigration lawyers usually retain dual registration to provide immigration advice and assistance. However, unlike migration agents without legal qualifications, immigration lawyers can also appeal cases in courts such as the Federal Court or High Court.

Overall, here are the key similarities and differences between migration agents and immigration lawyers:

Migration Agents

Immigration Lawyers


Completed a 12 month certificate or diploma in Australian Migration Law
Completed a law degree and Practical Legal Training


Registered with MARA
Registered with the Legal Admissions Board, the Law Society, and MARA

Administrative Appeals Tribunal

Can assist with visa applications and merits review in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal
Can assist with visa applications and merits review in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal

Other Courts

Cannot assist with appeals to Australia Courts
Can assist with appeals to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (FCCA), the Federal Court of Australia (FCA), and the High Court of Australia
Therefore, it is important to ensure the migration agent or lawyer you engage is qualified for your specific case.
Why use a professional visa service? Why use a migration agent or lawyer?
Cost Effective
With about 100 visa subclasses available in Australia, it can be hard to navigate which visa subclass is most appropriate for you. It may seem like you are saving money by completing the application yourself. However, if your application is refused, it can be very costly. Some visa applications can cost more than $8,000AUD. Refunds for lodging the application are only available in limited circumstances. Furthermore, if you are a business or employer, you must also pay the SAF Levy. The SAF Levy contributes to the [Skilling Australians Fund]( to help support Australian jobs. A refund for this levy is also only available in limited circumstances if the Department of Home Affairs refuses your application. In addition, if you appeal your case in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, this could also increase your costs.

Avoid Lengthy Delays
An experienced migration agent or immigration lawyer can prepare your application and make it ‘decision ready’ for the case officer assigned to your matter. If you have left out any important information or documents in your application, it could delay the process. You may receive:
- A request for information (RFI)
- Invitation to comment [PIC 4020] ( or
- A request to respond to natural justice letters.

If you are unsure how to reply to these letters or what to do in these situations, it can be an overwhelming and a stressful experience. A well-prepared application is more likely to be successful.

The Department often refuses visas because employers and individuals do not meet the eligibility criteria. Investing in an initial consultation to explore your eligibility and visa options with your migration agent or lawyer will confirm:
- Your suitability
- Your likely prospects of success
- The costs involved
- The process and duration

Each case is different and can present its own unique challenges and obstacles. Therefore, a migration agent or lawyer will identify the legal issues in your case and present you with practical solutions.

Take Out The Stress
There is no doubt that migrating is a stressful experience. When you use a migration agent or migration lawyer, you are guided each step of the way.



With all the recent news of occupation list changes, the abolished 457 and limited routes to permanent residency, there still remains a migration program for skilled professionals and vocational trades to obtain permanent residency. That is the Regional Sponosored Migration Scheme (RSMS Subclass 187).
Read More


Question: Am I eligible to migrate to Australia? Can I get Australian Permanent Residency?
Read More


Question: How much do Australian visas cost?
Read More

Explore Your Visa Options Today

Get accurate eligibility advice on your visa situation first time round.
A VisaOne Migration Agent will get in touch with you in 24 business hours.
You can also find out your visa options free of charge on the Australian Home Affairs website at





Australia: 1300 619 977
International: +61 7 3181 5588


Level 27 Santos Building, 32 Turbot St, Brisbane QLD Australia 4000