Australia is one of the top destinations chosen by students who wish to study abroad. This is because the country provides the students an opportunity to get a good education and experience what Australia has to offer. Australia has proven the quality of life and education in the country by continually ranking at the top of the statistics.
- Australia is the 3rd most popular international student destination in the world
- 5 out of 60 of the best universities in the world are located in Australia
- 4 out of 25 of the best cities in the world for international students are located within Australian
- 7.3 out of 10 is the life satisfaction score for living in Australia which is higher than the average global score of 6.5
Due to its popularity, Australia receives a high volume of student visa applications. Based on data from the year 2015 to 2016, there were a total of 358,233 student visa applicants. 120,500 of those were lodged by applicants who were already in Australia. 106,969 out of the 120,500 onshore applications were granted. There were also 237,733 applications lodged from outside Australia. 203,876 out of 237,733 offshore applications were granted.
The most number of student visa applications submitted came from citizens of China, India and Brazil. China lodged 51,241 student visa applications where 29,057 of the applications were rejected. India lodged 30,445 student visa applications where 22,942 of the applications were rejected. Brazil lodged 11,226 student visa applications where 5,667 of the applications were rejected.
There are a number of courses you can take in Australia which you can get a student visa for. The courses / degrees are as follows:
- Primary/High School
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- English courses
- Trade or Vocational Education