899412 - Autoglazier
Repairs and replaces windscreens and side and rear glass in motor vehicles.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8994 Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters
fit and replace parts and accessories on motor vehicles.
- removing old and damaged parts and cleaning surrounding areas on vehicles
- fitting batteries and installing accessories such as sun roofs, stereos and alarms
- removing damaged glass, trimming strips and rubber seals from window frames and mountings on motor vehicles, positioning new windscreens and glass windows on frames and attaching and sealing them
- inspecting, removing and repairing muffler mountings, and fitting new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes
- removing radiators from vehicles and cleaning and repairing them
- installing new or repaired radiators into vehicles and repairing and replacing other units in the cooling system such as thermostats, head gaskets and water pumps
- inspecting tyres to determine which repair action to implement and repairing punctures in tubes and tubeless tyres
- operating air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes on vehicles
- balancing wheels and tyres using static and electronic equipment
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 899411 Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter (General)
- 899412 Autoglazier
- 899413 Exhaust and Muffler Repairer
- 899414 Radiator Repairer
- 899415 Tyre Fitter