831116 - Grain Mill Worker
Operates machines and performs routine tasks to mix, mill and treat grains and by-products to make flour, meal and stockfeed.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8311 Food and Drink Factory Workers
perform routine tasks in manufacturing food and beverages.
- weighing, measuring, mixing, dissolving and boiling ingredients
- adding materials, such as spices and preservatives, to food and beverages
- operating heating, chilling, freezing, pasteurising, carbonating, sulphuring and desulphuring plant
- monitoring product quality before packaging by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting
- treatment conditions when necessary
- operating machines to peel, core, slice, dice, pit and juice fruit and vegetables
- cleaning equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors, and maintaining infestation control programs
- regulating speed of conveyors and crusher rollers, and adjusting tension of rollers to ensure total extraction of juice from sugar cane
- moving products from production lines into storage and shipping areas
- packaging and bottling products
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 831111 Baking Factory Worker
- 831112 Brewery Worker
- 831113 Confectionery Maker
- 831114 Dairy Products Maker
- 831115 Fruit and Vegetable Factory Worker
- 831116 Grain Mill Worker
- 831117 Sugar Mill Worker
- 831118 Winery Cellar Hand
- 831199 Food and Drink Factory Workers nec