831115 - Fruit and Vegetable Factory Worker
Operates machines and performs routine tasks to prepare canned and frozen fruit and vegetables, and make and package sauces, jams and juices.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8311 Food and Drink Factory Workers
perform routine tasks in manufacturing food and beverages.
- weighing, measuring, mixing, dissolving and boiling ingredients
- adding materials, such as spices and preservatives, to food and beverages
- operating heating, chilling, freezing, pasteurising, carbonating, sulphuring and desulphuring plant
- monitoring product quality before packaging by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting
- treatment conditions when necessary
- operating machines to peel, core, slice, dice, pit and juice fruit and vegetables
- cleaning equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors, and maintaining infestation control programs
- regulating speed of conveyors and crusher rollers, and adjusting tension of rollers to ensure total extraction of juice from sugar cane
- moving products from production lines into storage and shipping areas
- packaging and bottling products
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 831111 Baking Factory Worker
- 831112 Brewery Worker
- 831113 Confectionery Maker
- 831114 Dairy Products Maker
- 831115 Fruit and Vegetable Factory Worker
- 831116 Grain Mill Worker
- 831117 Sugar Mill Worker
- 831118 Winery Cellar Hand
- 831199 Food and Drink Factory Workers nec