811211 - Commercial Cleaner
Cleans offices, residential complexes, hospitals, schools, industrial work areas, industrial machines, construction sites and other commercial premises using heavy duty cleaning equipment.
- Aircraft Cabin Cleaner
- School Cleaner
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8112 Commercial Cleaners
clean offices, residential complexes, hospitals, schools, industrial work areas, industrial machines, construction sites and other commercial premises using heavy duty cleaning equipment.
- vacuuming carpets, curtains and upholstered furniture
- cleaning, dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- removing rubbish and recyclable material, and emptying containers, bins and trays
- stripping wax from floors, re-waxing and polishing floors
- cleaning and disinfecting laundry and bathroom fixtures, replenishing supplies and reporting defective plumbing fixtures
- operating industrial vacuum cleaners to clean floors, work areas and machines
- removing dust and dirt from ceilings, walls, overhead pipes and fixtures
- applying acids and solvents to surfaces to remove stains and dirt
- removing lint, dust, soot, oil, grease, sludge and other residues from machines, hulls and holds of ships, and interiors and exteriors of furnaces, boilers and tanks
- may clean exteriors of buildings by sand-blasting and applying solvents
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 811211 Commercial Cleaner