721216 - Loader Operator
Operates a motorised loader to move and load soil, rock and other material. Registration or licensing is required.
- Bobcat Operator
- Front-end Loader Operator
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7212 Earthmoving Plant Operators
operate plant to excavate earth, ore and rock, break up pavement, road, rock and obstructions, move and load earth, rock and debris, and level, smooth and compact surfaces in construction and other projects.
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, winches, loading scoops, shovel blades and rock breaking hammers
- operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials
- monitoring operation of plant and adjusting controls to regulate pressure, speed and flow of operation, and ensuring safety of other workers
- raising, lowering and manipulating attachments using manual and hydraulic controls
- working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations in this Group
- 721211 Earthmoving Plant Operator (General)
- 721212 Backhoe Operator
- 721213 Bulldozer Operator
- 721214 Excavator Operator
- 721215 Grader Operator
- 721216 Loader Operator