721111 - Agricultural and Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator
Operates agricultural and horticultural plant to clear and cultivate land, and sow and harvest crops. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Cotton Picking Machine Operator (Aus)
- Harvester Operator
- Tractor Operator
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7211 Agricultural, Forestry and Horticultural Plant Operators
operate agricultural, forestry and horticultural plant to clear and cultivate land, sow and harvest crops, and fell trees and move logs.
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- operating tractor-drawn and self-propelled plant to plough land and sow, fertilise, cultivate and harvest crops, and avoid damaging crops
- adjusting speed, height and depth of implements
- operating plant to hold, lift and cut trees
- operating attachments to lift, swing, release and sort trees and logs, and operating auxiliary
- plant such as chipping machines and log splitting machines
- feeding felled trees into processors to strip limbs and cut into logs and loading logs onto
- stockpiles and into trucks
- keeping log tallies and writing work reports
- servicing plant and performing minor repairs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 721111 Agricultural and Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator
- 721112 Logging Plant Operator