711511 - Plastic Cablemaking Machine Operator
Operates extruding machines to encase wire, cord, cable and optic fibre in plastic or rubber.
- Insulation Extruder Operator
- Optic Fibre Drawer
- Wire Drawer (Plastics)
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7115 Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators
operate machines to manufacture and finish plastic and rubber products.
- operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- operating rollers to remove air
- operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 711511 Plastic Cablemaking Machine Operator
- 711512 Plastic Compounding and Reclamation Machine Operator
- 711513 Plastics Fabricator or Welder
- 711514 Plastics Production Machine Operator (General)
- 711515 Reinforced Plastic and Composite Production Worker
- 711516 Rubber Production Machine Operator
- 711599 Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators nec