711114 - Stone Processing Machine Operator
Operates machines to cut and finish stones for tiles, building blocks and facings.
- Marble Cutter
- Stone Polisher
- Stone Sawyer
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7111 Clay, Concrete, Glass and Stone Processing Machine Operators
operate machines to manufacture and finish a variety of clay, concrete, glassware and stone products by extruding, shaping, mixing, grinding, cutting and other processes.
- monitoring the flow of clay and other raw materials and products into machines, and adjusting valves and controls to specifications
- positioning clay and stone on machines to be cut and worked
- operating concrete mixing, stacking and splitting machines
- setting up and installing moulds and other machine fixtures
- setting up and operating glass-making machines to produce molten glass, and regulating temperature of molten glass
- pressing and blowing glass into moulds to form glassware products
- collecting and examining samples for conformity to specifications and adjusting machine settings accordingly
- setting grinding and cutting edges
- using hand tools to cut, inscribe and polish roughly hewn stone to finished condition
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 711111 Clay Products Machine Operator
- 711112 Concrete Products Machine Operator
- 711113 Glass Production Machine Operator
- 711114 Stone Processing Machine Operator
- 711199 Clay, Concrete, Glass and Stone Processing Machine Operators nec