711112 - Concrete Products Machine Operator
Operates machines to manufacture moulded concrete products such as cement pipes and fittings, concrete railway sleepers, concrete bricks, tiles and paving blocks, structural beams, building panels and cast products.
- Concrete Pipe Machine Operator
- Concrete Precast Moulder
- Concrete Tile Machine Operator
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7111 Clay, Concrete, Glass and Stone Processing Machine Operators
operate machines to manufacture and finish a variety of clay, concrete, glassware and stone products by extruding, shaping, mixing, grinding, cutting and other processes.
- monitoring the flow of clay and other raw materials and products into machines, and adjusting valves and controls to specifications
- positioning clay and stone on machines to be cut and worked
- operating concrete mixing, stacking and splitting machines
- setting up and installing moulds and other machine fixtures
- setting up and operating glass-making machines to produce molten glass, and regulating temperature of molten glass
- pressing and blowing glass into moulds to form glassware products
- collecting and examining samples for conformity to specifications and adjusting machine settings accordingly
- setting grinding and cutting edges
- using hand tools to cut, inscribe and polish roughly hewn stone to finished condition
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 711111 Clay Products Machine Operator
- 711112 Concrete Products Machine Operator
- 711113 Glass Production Machine Operator
- 711114 Stone Processing Machine Operator
- 711199 Clay, Concrete, Glass and Stone Processing Machine Operators nec