639411 - Ticket Seller
Sells tickets and makes reservations for services such as travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues. May take tickets, issue boarding passes, or assist in the use of self-check systems. May work in a call centre.
- Booking Clerk
- Check-in Agent
- Reservations Clerk
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 6394 Ticket Salespersons
sell tickets and make reservations for services such as travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues, and collect fares on transport vehicles.
- receiving customers' requests, accepting payments, collecting fares from passengers, and issuing tickets, receipts and change
- answering inquiries about charges, routes, schedules, reservations, coming attractions and fares
- checking service availability and times, and making reservations
- contacting customers to cancel or confirm reservations
- organising displays of service availability, times and other information
- collecting tickets and change from depot clerks
- signalling drivers to stop and proceed
- overseeing passengers' safety in emergency circumstances, and opening and closing vehicle doors
- assisting passengers to board and alight from vehicles and assisting passengers with baggage
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 639411 Ticket Seller
- 639412 Transport Conductor