639112 - Sales Demonstrator
Displays and demonstrates goods at commercial premises, exhibitions and private homes.
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 6391 Models and Sales Demonstrators
wear and display clothing and accessories and pose for art and photography, and demonstrate goods at commercial premises, exhibitions and private homes.
- modelling garments, footwear and fashion accessories for customers, sales personnel and fashion designers
- posing for television, video and cinema commercials and for still photographs which appear in magazines, newspapers, catalogues and on billboards
- posing as subjects for paintings, sculptures and other types of art
- setting up displays and demonstrating goods to commercial customers and guests in private homes
- answering questions and offering advice on the use of goods
- selling goods or directing purchasers to sales counters
- undertaking merchandising of goods in retail outlets and ensuring there is adequate stock attractively presented for sale
- taking orders and making arrangements for payment, delivery and collection
- offering sample goods and distributing catalogues and other literature advertising goods for sale
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 639111 Model
- 639112 Sales Demonstrator