599517 - Train Examiner
Inspects rolling stock in railway yards, terminals and stations to ensure adherence to safety standards and operational rules and regulations.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5995 Inspectors and Regulatory Officers
administer and enforce government and corporate regulations and standards.
- searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people, and checking documents and goods to detect illegal activities such as undocumented cargo, prohibited goods and illegal aliens
- examining and assessing visas and residency applications
- testing applicants' ability to operate a motor vehicle, assessing applicants' suitability to hold learner's permits and probationary licences, and issuing learner's permits and probationary licences
- identifying pest and weed problems and determining treatments and management
- assessing claims for government benefits
- carrying out random checks of taxation documents to detect non-compliance with taxation legislation
- conducting visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- ensuring that train, tram and bus services are provided according to schedule, monitoring the cleanliness, presentation and condition of vehicles, and recommending improvements and changes to services
- receiving and assessing applications for licences to use water, investigating the ability of water resources to meet new requirements, and conducting site inspections
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 599511 Customs Officer
- 599512 Immigration Officer
- 599513 Motor Vehicle Licence Examiner
- 599514 Noxious Weeds and Pest Inspector
- 599515 Social Security Assessor
- 599516 Taxation Inspector
- 599517 Train Examiner
- 599518 Transport Operations Inspector
- 599521 Water Inspector
- 599599 Inspectors and Regulatory Officers nec