591211 - Despatching and Receiving Clerk
Verifies and maintains records of incoming and outgoing goods in a warehouse or distribution centre and prepares goods for despatch.
- Despatch Clerk
- Freight Clerk
- Aircraft Load Controller
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Truck Despatcher
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5912 Transport and Despatch Clerks
verify and maintain records of incoming and outgoing goods, prepare goods for despatch, arrange clearance and collection of imported cargo from customs and bond stores, and arrange shipment of cargo for export.
- identifying items and containers of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying them against consignment records
- ensuring outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications
- arranging internal distribution of goods received
- organising the despatch of goods with completed documentation
- maintaining prescribed records of goods received and despatched
- examining shipping documents and verifying cargo to be released
- recording customs clearance requirements and authorising collection of cargo
- calculating storage and clearance charges and billing customers
- receiving details of outgoing cargo, and arranging bookings of freight space and collection of goods from customers
- providing information to customers on custom tariffs, tariff classifications and concessions, and methods of clearing goods
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 591211 Despatching and Receiving Clerk
- 591212 Import-Export Clerk