561111 - Betting Agency Counter Clerk
Records and processes customer bets, payments and payouts over the counter at a betting agency for horse and dog racing, and other sports and events.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5611 Betting Clerks
take bets from customers at betting agencies, over the telephone and on course.
- taking bets and debiting credit accounts and bank accounts electronically, and receiving cash
- recording and entering bets electronically and in transaction ledgers
- issuing tickets and preparing summaries of transactions
- monitoring amounts of money placed on race entrants
- checking details and numbers on winning betting tickets against those in betting ledgers and electronic records, and paying out money on winning tickets
- verifying the identity and account balances of betting agency customers
- answering betting inquiries over the telephone, via email and in person
- may work in a call centre
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 561111 Betting Agency Counter Clerk
- 561112 Bookmaker's Clerk
- 561113 Telephone Betting Clerk
- 561199 Betting Clerks nec