552211 - Credit or Loans Officer (Aus) / Finance Clerk (NZ)
Analyses, evaluates and processes credit and loan applications. May work in a call centre.
- Lending Consultant
- Loans Consultant
- Loans Officer
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5522 Credit and Loans Officers (AUS) or Finance Clerks (NZ)
CREDIT AND LOANS OFFICERS (AUS) / FINANCE CLERKS (NZ) analyse, evaluate and process credit and loan applications.
- analysing information about customers and examining references, credit ratings, investment risks, pay slips and other information against predetermined policy standards
- contacting financial and credit institutions to obtain information about customers
- preparing papers setting out conditions of credit and loans, rates of repayment and loan periods, and providing information about customers' standing to financial and credit institutions
- authorising the approval of credit and loan applications and recommending credit and loan conditions and limits
- keeping records of payments, and preparing routine letters requesting payment for overdue accounts and forwarding these for legal action
- answering inquiries concerning credit standing of customers, loan balances and penalties
- may recommend, approve and arrange mortgages
- may work in a call centre
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 552211 Credit or Loans Officer (Aus) / Finance Clerk (NZ)