542113 - Hotel or Motel Receptionist
Greets and checks in guests, and looks after their needs on arrival and during their stay in a hotel or motel.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5421 Receptionists
receive and welcome visitors, patients, guests and clients, and respond to inquiries and requests.
Medical Secretaries are included in this unit group, in Occupation 542114 Medical Receptionist.
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering inquiries and providing information on the goods, services and activities of the organisation
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls
- receiving and resolving complaints from clients and the public
- receiving and distributing correspondence, facsimile messages and deliveries
- maintaining the reception area
- advising on and arranging reservations and accommodation
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch and photocopying
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 542111 Receptionist (General)
- 542112 Admissions Clerk
- 542113 Hotel or Motel Receptionist
- 542114 Medical Receptionist