512211 - Health Practice Manager
Organises and controls the functions and resources of a health practice such as administrative systems and practice personnel.
- Chiropractic Practice Manager
- Dental Practice Manager
- Medical Practice Manager
- Physiotherapy Practice Manager
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5122 Practice Managers
organise and control the functions and resources of professional practices such as administrative systems and practice personnel.
- contributing to the planning and review of office services, and setting priorities and office service standards
- allocating human resources, space and equipment
- assigning work to and monitoring work performance of staff
- managing records and accounts of the practice
- liaising with Professionals to coordinate practice business and to facilitate resolution of problems
- ensuring office equipment and supplies are maintained
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- ensuring work complies with relevant government legislation, policies and procedures
- coordinating personnel activities such as hiring, promotions, performance management, payroll, training and supervision
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advance Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 512211 Health Practice Manager
- 512299 Practice Managers nec