422116 - Teachers' Aide
Assists teaching staff in preparing teaching materials and with general classroom tasks.
- School Services Officer
- Student Liaison Officer
- Teachers' Assistant
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4221 Education Aides
perform non-teaching duties to assist teaching staff in schools, provide care and supervision for children in preschools, and provide assistance to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their teachers.
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschool centres
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching aids, and copying and collating written and printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their families
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 422111 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
- 422112 Integration Aide
- 422113 Kaiawhina Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Assistant)
- 422114 Kaiawhina Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium School Assistant)
- 422115 Preschool Aide
- 422116 Teachers' Aide