399311 - Gallery or Museum Technician
Prepares artworks, specimens and artefacts for collections, and arranges and constructs gallery or museum exhibits.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3999-13 Museum or Art Gallery Technician
Group: 3993 Gallery, Library and Museum Technicians
prepare artworks, specimens and artefacts for collections, arrange and construct gallery exhibits, and assist Librarians to organise and operate systems for handling recorded material and files.
- mounting and preparing objects for display
- designing and arranging exhibit furnishings, display cases and display areas
- assisting in setting up lighting and display equipment
- receiving, shipping, packing and unpacking exhibits
- ordering new library materials and maintaining library records and circulation systems
- cataloguing printed and recorded material
- entering data into databases and editing computer records
- operating audiovisual and reprographic equipment
- searching and verifying bibliographic data
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 399311 Gallery or Museum Technician
- 399312 Library Technician