393212 - Clothing Patternmaker
Draws sets of master patterns following sketches, sample articles and design specifications, and cuts out patterns for garments.
- Pattern Grader (Clothing)
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4941-19 Patternmaker-Grader (Clothing)
Group: 3932 Clothing Trades Workers
prepare and cut garment patterns and fabric, and make and repair garments.
- conferring with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- interpreting designs, sketches and samples to determine pattern specifications
- cutting out master patterns
- laying up and cutting fabric
- pinning, basting and draping garment parts
- sewing garments
- fitting basted garments on customers and marking areas requiring alteration
- sewing buttonholes, and sewing on buttons, hooks, eyes and press fasteners to finish garments
- pressing and finishing work
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 393211 Apparel Cutter
- 393212 Clothing Patternmaker
- 393213 Dressmaker or Tailor
- 393299 Clothing Trades Workers nec