324212 - Vehicle Trimmer
Installs, repairs and replaces the interior trim of vehicles such as seats, linings, floor coverings and door trims. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4216-01 Supervisor, Vehicle Trimmers
- 4216-11 Vehicle Trimmer
Group: 3242 Vehicle Body Builders and Trimmers
manufacture and repair prototype production units and purpose-built vehicle bodies, and install, repair and replace the interior trim of vehicles.
- constructing framework sections in metal, wood, fibreglass and other materials using shaping machines and cutting and welding equipment
- bolting, screwing, riveting and welding sections together to form complete frameworks
- cutting and shaping panels of sheetmetal, aluminium and reinforced plastic and attaching to frameworks using hand and power tools
- modifying assembly line vehicles to special requirements
- preparing new vehicle trim work according to drawings and sketches, and removing old
- coverings and fittings from vehicles and taking new measurements
- selecting and cutting pieces of fabric, vinyl and leather and sewing pieces together using heavy-duty sewing machines
- installing internal trim in vehicles such as lining, floor coverings and armrests
- attaching door trims, rubber seals, locks and handles
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 324211 Vehicle Body Builder
- 324212 Vehicle Trimmer