323112 - Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
Inspects, tests, repairs and installs aircraft hydromechanical and flight system components and aircraft engines, subassemblies and components. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Airframes)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Engines)
- Aircraft Technician (Air Force, Army)
- Aviation Technician Aircraft (Navy)
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Airframes)
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Engines)
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4114-11 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
Group: 3231 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
maintain and repair aircraft structures, and avionic and mechanical systems.
- dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- replacing and testing aircraft oxygen system components
- assembling parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintaining records of action taken
- may manufacture aircraft electrical, instrument and radio hardware components
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
- 323112 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
- 323113 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures)