313199 - ICT Support Technicians nec
This occupation group covers ICT Support Technicians not elsewhere classified.
- Applications Packager
- Computer Systems Technician
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 3131 ICT Support Technicians
provide support for the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technology and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems.
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- implementing computer networks
- designing and maintaining websites
- repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- may work in a call centre
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group
- 313111 Hardware Technician
- 313112 ICT Customer Support Officer
- 313113 Web Administrator
- 313199 ICT Support Technicians nec