312111 - Architectural Draftsperson
Completes Architects' concepts by preparing drawings and plans, and liaising with builders and contractors.
- Building Drafting Officer
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3121-13 Architectural Associate
Group: 3121 Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians
perform technical functions to assist Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors by supervising and inspecting construction sites, estimating time, costs and resources, inspecting plumbing work, and collecting and evaluating survey data and preparing maps and plans.
- assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation
- interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
- preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
- preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings
- coordinating works programs
- inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
- calculating costs and estimating time scales
- collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment
- performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 312111 Architectural Draftsperson
- 312112 Building Associate
- 312113 Building Inspector
- 312114 Construction Estimator
- 312115 Plumbing Inspector
- 312116 Surveying or Spatial Science Technician
- 312199 Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians nec