272499 - Social Professionals nec
This occupation group covers Social Professionals not elsewhere classified.
- Heritage Consultant
- Parole Board Member
- Political Scientist
- Transport Analyst
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2529-79 Social Professionals nec
Group: 2724 Social Professionals
research and study human behaviour, society and institutions from current and historical perspectives, and verbally render spoken statements, and transcribe text and recorded spoken material from one language into another.
- assembling historical data by consulting sources of information such as historical indexes and catalogues, archives, court records, diaries, newspaper files and other materials
- organising, authenticating, evaluating and interpreting historical, political, sociological, archaeological, anthropological and linguistic data
- undertaking historical and cultural research into human activity, and preparing and presenting research findings
- providing simultaneous and consecutive verbal or signed renditions of speeches into another language
- rendering the meaning and feeling of what is said and signed into another language in the appropriate register and style in a range of settings such as courts, hospitals, schools, workplaces and conferences
- studying original texts and transcripts of recorded spoken material to comprehend subject matter and translating them into another language
- rendering the meaning and feeling of written material, such as literary, legal, technical and scientific texts, into another language in the appropriate register and style, so that it will read as an original piece rather than as a translation
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 272411 Historian
- 272412 Interpreter
- 272413 Translator
- 272414 Archaeologist
- 272499 Social Professionals nec