272311 - Clinical Psychologist
Consults with individuals and groups, assesses psychological disorders and administers programs of treatment. Registration or licensing is required.
- Forensic Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2514-11 Clinical Psychologist
Group: 2723 Psychologists
investigate, assess and provide treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development.
- collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 272311 Clinical Psychologist
- 272312 Educational Psychologist
- 272313 Organisational Psychologist
- 272314 Psychotherapist
- 272399 Psychologists nec