271299 - Judicial and Other Legal Professionals nec
This occupation group covers Judicial and Other Legal Professionals not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Family Court Registrar (Aus)
- Family Law Mediator
- Judicial Registrar (Aus)
- Legal Researcher
- Legal Officer
- Parliamentary Counsel
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2521-79 Legal Professionals nec
Group: 2712 Judicial and Other Legal Professionals
hear legal and other matters in courts and tribunals; interpret, analyse, administer and provide advice on the law; and draft legislation.
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- conducting trials and hearings
- calling and questioning witnesses
- hearing and evaluating arguments and evidence in civil and criminal summary matters
- deciding penalties and sentences within statutory limits, such as fines, bonds and detention, awarding damages in civil matters, and issuing court orders
- exercising arbitral powers if resolution is not achieved or seems improbable through conciliation
- preparing settlement memoranda and obtaining signatures of parties
- advising government of legal, constitutional and parliamentary matters and drafting bills and attending committee meetings during consideration of bills
- preparing advice on matters associated with intellectual property rights
- advising clients and agents on legal and technical matters
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. Judges require appointment by the government or crown and must have been a Magistrate or an experienced legal practitioner of at least seven years standing. Magistrates must have been a legal practitioner of at least five years standing (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 271211 Judge
- 271212 Magistrate
- 271213 Tribunal Member
- 271214 Intellectual Property Lawyer
- 271299 Judicial and Other Legal Professionals nec