254412 - Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
Provides nursing care to the elderly in community settings, residential aged care facilities, retirement villages and health care facilities. Registration or licensing is required.
- Registered Nurse (Gerontology)
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2544 Registered Nurses
provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities, and in the community.
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations in this Group
- 254411 Nurse Practitioner
- 254412 Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254413 Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
- 254414 Registered Nurse (Community Health)
- 254415 Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254416 Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- 254417 Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- 254418 Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254421 Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
- 254422 Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254423 Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
- 254424 Registered Nurse (Surgical)
- 254425 Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
- 254499 Registered Nurses nec