249213 - Drama Teacher (Private Tuition)
Teaches students in the practice, theory and performance of drama in private training establishments.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2491-17 Drama Teacher (Private)
Group: 2492 Private Tutors and Teachers
teach students in the practice, theory and performance of subjects, such as art, dance, drama and music, in private training establishments.
- planning programs of study for individual students and groups
- preparing and presenting material on the theory of the subject area
- instructing and demonstrating practical aspects of the subject area
- assigning problems and exercises relative to students' training needs and talents
- assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement
- revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction
- preparing students for examinations, performance and assessments
- keeping abreast of developments in the subject area by attending professional conferences,
- seminars and courses, reading current literature, and talking with colleagues
- may arrange visits and tours to professional exhibitions and performances
- may organise for exhibitions or performances of students' work
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 249211 Art Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249212 Dance Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249213 Drama Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249214 Music Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249299 Private Tutors and Teachers nec