225113 - Marketing Specialist
Identifies market opportunities and advises on the development, coordination and implementation of plans for pricing and promoting an organisation's goods and services.
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Officer
- Brand Manager
- Category Manager
- Product Manager
- Sales Promotion Officer
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS - The position:
(a) is based in a front line retail setting; or
(b) predominantly involves direct client transactional interaction on a regular basis.
TSS, ENS - The position is in a business that has an annual turnover of less than AUD1,000,000.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2221-13 Marketing Specialist
Group: 2251 Advertising and Marketing Professionals
develop and coordinate advertising strategies and campaigns, determine the market for new goods and services, and identify and develop market opportunities for new and existing goods and services.
- planning, developing and organising advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of goods and services
- coordinating production of advertising campaigns involving specialised activities, such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement, within time and budget constraints
- analysing data regarding consumer patterns and preferences
- interpreting and predicting current and future consumer trends
- researching potential demand and market characteristics for new goods and services and collecting and analysing data and other statistical information
- supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- commissioning and undertaking market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing goods and services
- advising on all elements of marketing such as product mix, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, selling, and distribution channels
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 225111 Advertising Specialist
- 225112 Market Research Analyst
- 225113 Marketing Specialist