211299 - Music Professionals nec
This occupation group covers Music Professionals not elsewhere classified.
- Music Copyist
- Music Researcher
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 2112 Music Professionals
write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions.
- creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
- translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance
- undertaking research and liaising with clients when composing musical backing for television commercials, popular recordings, and radio, television and film productions
- auditioning and selecting musicians and Singers
- selecting music for performances and assigning instrumental parts to musicians
- directing musical groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- studying and rehearsing repertoire and musical scores prior to performances
- playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score and by memory
- performing music and songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation, using highly developed aural skills to reproduce music
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 211211 Composer
- 211212 Music Director
- 211213 Musician (Instrumental)
- 211214 Singer
- 211299 Music Professionals nec