142116 - Travel Agency Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a travel agency. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 1421 Retail Managers
organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
- determining product mix, stock levels and service standards
- formulating and implementing purchasing and marketing policies, and setting prices
- promoting and advertising the establishment's goods and services
- selling goods and services to customers and advising them on product use
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- undertaking budgeting for the establishment
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 142111 Retail Manager (General)
- 142112 Antique Dealer
- 142113 Betting Agency Manager
- 142114 Hair or Beauty Salon Manager
- 142115 Post Office Manager
- 142116 Travel Agency Manager