134111 - Child Care Centre Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the activities of a childcare centre or service including physical and human resources.
- Child Care Centre Director
- Child Care Coordinator
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1295-11 Child Care Co-ordinator
Group: 1341 Child Care Centre Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the activities of childcare centres and services including physical and human resources.
- developing and implementing programs to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children
- providing care for children in before-school, after-school, day, and vacation care centres
- directing and supervising Child Carers in providing care and supervision for young children
- ensuring the centre is a safe area for children, staff and visitors
- complying with relevant government requirements and standards
- liaising with parents
- maintaining records and accounts for the centre
- recruiting staff and coordinating professional development
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 134111 Child Care Centre Manager