133612 - Procurement Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the procurement and purchasing of materials, products and services for an organisation.
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
- TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS - The position:
- TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 1336 Supply, Distribution and Procurement Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the supply, storage and distribution of goods, products and services produced and used by organisations.
- determining, implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- operating recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outward goods and associated forwarding transportation
- overseeing the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
- provision of products and services to meet customer or client requirements
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 133611 Supply and Distribution Manager
- 133612 Procurement Manager