133311 - Importer or Exporter
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the operations of an importing or exporting establishment.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1192-11 Importer or Exporter
Group: 1333 Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
- identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- appointing agents and distributors
- arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- implementing after-sales service procedures
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 133311 Importer or Exporter
- 133312 Wholesaler