132411 - Policy and Planning Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates policy advice and strategic planning within an organisation.
- Corporate Planning Manager
- Strategic Planning Manager
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
- Caveat 10
- TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Caveat 23
- TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated base salary of less than AUD90,000.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1291-11 Policy and Planning Manager
Group: 1324 Policy and Planning Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate policy advice and strategic planning within organisations.
- developing, implementing and monitoring strategic plans, programs, policies, processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and work standards
- developing, implementing, administering and participating in policy research and analysis
- coordinating the implementation of policies and practices
- establishing activity measures and measurements of accountability
- overseeing and participating in the development of policy documents and reports
- consulting with and providing expert advice to government officials and board members on policy, program and legislative issues
- representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums convened to discuss policy issues
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 132411 Policy and Planning Manager