132311 - Human Resource Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the human resource and workplace relations activities within an organisation.
- Kaiwhakahaere Tumu (NZ)
- Occupational Health and Safety Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Workplace Relations Manager
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1213-11 Human Resource Manager
Group: 1323 Human Resource Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the human resource and workplace relations activities within organisations.
- determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating human resource management strategies, policies and plans to meet business needs
- advising and assisting other Managers in applying sound recruitment and selection practices, and appropriate induction, training and development programs
- developing and implementing performance management systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
- representing the organisation in negotiations with unions and employees to determine remuneration and other conditions of employment
- developing and implementing occupational health and safety programs and equal employment opportunity programs, and ensuring compliance with related statutory requirements
- overseeing the application of redundancy and other employee retrenchment policies
- monitoring employment costs and productivity levels
- may train and advise other Managers in personnel and workplace relations matters
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 132311 Human Resource Manager