121322 - Sheep Farmer
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise sheep for wool, meat and breeding stock.
- Stud Sheep Farmer
- Wool Grower
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
- Caveat 9
- TSS, ENS - The position predominantly involves responsibility for low skilled tasks.
- Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
- Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
- Example 3: Truck driving.
- Caveat 10
- TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 1213 Livestock Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 121311 Apiarist
- 121312 Beef Cattle Farmer
- 121313 Dairy Cattle Farmer
- 121314 Deer Farmer
- 121315 Goat Farmer
- 121316 Horse Breeder
- 121317 Mixed Livestock Farmer
- 121318 Pig Farmer
- 121321 Poultry Farmer
- 121322 Sheep Farmer
- 121399 Livestock Farmers nec