121313 - Dairy Cattle Farmer
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise beef cattle for meat and breeding stock.
- Dairy Cattle Farm Manager
- Share Dairy Farmer
- Stud Dairy Cattle Farmer
- Dairy Herd Manager (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- Herd Managers are responsible for key aspects of the working day, including running the dairy shed (i.e. milking) and may have responsibility for animal health and other assigned tasks.
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
- Caveat 9
- TSS, ENS - The position predominantly involves responsibility for low skilled tasks.
- Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
- Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
- Example 3: Truck driving.
- Caveat 10
- TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 1213 Livestock Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 121311 Apiarist
- 121312 Beef Cattle Farmer
- 121313 Dairy Cattle Farmer
- 121314 Deer Farmer
- 121315 Goat Farmer
- 121316 Horse Breeder
- 121317 Mixed Livestock Farmer
- 121318 Pig Farmer
- 121321 Poultry Farmer
- 121322 Sheep Farmer
- 121399 Livestock Farmers nec