Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) are discontinuing Non-Contributory Parent and other Family Visas.
According to DIBP, reunion of family members should be the focus of family migration, thus giving the partners, children, and contributory parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents, priority for Family Stream.
The following visas are closed as of June 2, 2014:
- Parent Visa (subclass 103)
- Aged Parent Visa (subclass 804)
- Aged Dependent Relative Visa (subclasses 114 and 838)
- Remaining Relative Visa (subclasses 115 and 835)
- Carer Visa (subclasses 116 and 836)
According to DIBP, applications made before June 2, 2014 will still be processed normally under existing regulations and policy.
For more information, see “Non-Contributory Parent and Other Family visas have closed to new applications”