839212 - Rubber Factory Worker
Performs routine tasks in manufacturing tyres and other rubber products.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8392 Plastics and Rubber Factory Workers
perform routine tasks in manufacturing plastic and rubber products.
- dumping material into hoppers of machines
- stopping moulding machines and discharging contents
- cutting foam products from foam blocks
- cleaning, smoothing and waxing moulds for making products
- brushing and spraying release agents onto moulds to assist with the removal of moulded products
- building up layers of fibreglass and resin on moulds
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
- may smooth rough edges of moulds using files, grinders and sanders
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Occupations in this Group
- 839211 Plastics Factory Worker
- 839212 Rubber Factory Worker