242112 - University Tutor
Conducts tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2421 University Lecturers and Tutors
prepare and deliver lectures and conduct tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university and conduct research in a particular field of knowledge.
- preparing and delivering lectures, and conducting tutorials, seminars and laboratory sessions
- preparing and marking essays, assignments and examinations
- advising students on academic and related matters
- attending departmental and faculty meetings, conferences and seminars
- supervising work programs of postgraduate and honours students and tutorial staff
- participating in setting course and degree requirements, curriculum revision and academic planning
- serving on council, senate, faculty and other committees and professorial boards
- conducting research and undertaking consultancies in a particular field of knowledge
- stimulating and guiding class discussions
- compiling bibliographies of specialised materials for reading assignments
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 242111 University Lecturer
- 242112 University Tutor