222111 - Commodities Trader
Operates as an independent agent to bring together buyers and sellers of commodities, negotiates private sales and arranges sales through established market places.
- Energy Trader
- Grain Buyer
- Livestock Trader
- Media Buyer
- Wool Broker
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation.
Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3212-17 Commodities Trader
Group: 2221 Financial Brokers
operate as independent agents to facilitate the trading of commodities and arrange insurance and loans of money on behalf of clients.
- monitoring commodity prices, trends and other factors affecting the supply and demand for commodities
- negotiating the purchase and sale of commodities such as grains, wool, minerals and metals
- determining the specific financial and insurance requirements of clients, and researching and reviewing available finance and insurance products for suitability to meet clients' requirements
- analysing clients' financial status, discussing financial options and developing financial strategies
- recommending loan combinations that meet clients' needs
- interviewing prospective clients to explain insurance policy conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and to make recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- arranging insurance, home loan mortgages and other types of finance for clients through banks, lenders, financiers and insurance companies
- preparing documents which set out the conditions of finance, repayments and loan periods
- identifying and advising on significant risk changes to clients' insurance
- broking complex and commercial leases, equipment finance, commercial finance, project finance and finance for property developers
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations in this Group
- 222111 Commodities Trader
- 222112 Finance Broker
- 222113 Insurance Broker
- 222199 Financial Brokers nec